Pictured here is a gathering in what is now the community room of the Centennial branch of the Fort Erie Public Library. At the microphone is mayor John M. Teal.
Pictured here is a gathering in what is now the community room of the Centennial branch of the Fort Erie Public Library. At the microphone is Mr. George Bukator, MPP.
The pavilion seen here was originally erected as a picnic area shelter in 1933. Reconstruction of the Forty began in 1937. When completed in 1939, the ground and the Fort were opened to the public.
Old Fort Erie was restored in and shows the fortifications that were used by both the British and Americans. The Fort includes a collection of antique weapons and other relics. It also contains other items including buttons, buckles and bayonets.
This church has existed as a congregation since 1821. This building, however, was built in 1892 on the site of the original church which burned down. The stone used to build this church was salvaged from the ruins of Old Fort Erie.
Area Progressive Conservatives elected their provincial riding executive for the Erie Riding.New officers and special guests are, from left to right: Lorne White, Jim Cassan, Jim Ashby, Steve Clark, Frank Saudelle, Girve Fretz, Charles Saleman, Roy…